Back-End Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
We are looking for a world-class software engineer to build systems that will scale with the growth of our site, the most popular home remodeling site in the world. You’ll make data easy to use for our entire team. Your tools will make it easy for our data analysts to find deep insight into user behavior. You will build scalable systems that make it easy for our team of machine learning experts to bring powerful recommendation and personalization models to production.
- Build scalable systems that process, store, and serve terabytes of data
- Optimize systems from hardware to software level
- Gather requirements and build new solutions to solve the pain points of analysts and developers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience owning complete pipelines or data stores
- Production experience with large scale distributed systems including triaging failures and performance tuning
- Proficiency in modern compiled and scripting languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with modern data technology including Hadoop, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, MPP warehouse solutions, etc.
- Self-directed, independent; amazing ability to get stuff done
- Strong understanding of algorithms, web services, and data management
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience ideally including technical lead roles
Back to top