Back-End Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
- Build scalable systems that process, store, and serve terabytes of data
- Optimize systems from hardware to software level
- Gather requirements and build new solutions to solve the pain points of analysts and developers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience owning complete pipelines or data stores
- Production experience with large scale distributed systems including triaging failures and performance tuning
- Proficiency in modern compiled and scripting languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with modern data technology including Hadoop, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, MPP warehouse solutions, etc.
- Self-directed, independent; amazing ability to get stuff done
- Strong understanding of algorithms, web services, and data management
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience ideally including technical lead roles
See Inside the Office of Houzz
Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community powered by social tools, Houzz is the easiest way for people to get the design inspiration, project advice, product information, and professional reviews they need to turn ideas into reality.
Back to top