As an Associate Copywriter at Houzz, you will help to create, review and edit product metadata such as titles, descriptions, and content for a vast array of Houzz Marketplace products. You have excellent writing skills and grammar with an eye for detail.
Founded in 2009, Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design with over 40 million users. One of the biggest requests from users had been the ability to purchase products directly on the Houzz website and app. As a result, the Houzz Marketplace launched and now has over one million products available for purchase. With the Houzz Marketplace, Houzz is closing the loop for users so that people can get everything they need to renovate or design their home all in one place.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create product metadata for a wide array of Houzz Marketplace products
- Edit, improve and review existing product data
- Work closed with Product Coordinators and Buyers to ensure titles and descriptions are accurately uploaded with products on to Houzz Marketplace.
- Assist editorial team with editing product titles in weekly Shop Houzz Newsletters
- Work with editorial team to help craft product style guide for categories of products
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of copywriting experience
- Impeccable writing, grammar, and editing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Technically proficient in Excel, Gmail, PowerPoint, etc.
- Self-starter who has the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time
- Verifiable track record of success
- Start-up experience a plus
Keywords: copywriting, editing, technical writing, Excel, product descriptions, social media, start-up, tech
Back to top