Senior Software Engineer - Data platform
At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We’re seeking a passionate senior engineer to help build out the backend data platform powering the most accurate real estate analytics tools in the world.
What you'll do:
- Develop performant and reliable distributed services to address core data platform needs across the company
- Design solutions that handle and expose large datasets with case-appropriate tradeoffs
- Create the APIs that power our products
- Partner with data analysts to implement industry-leading data standardization methodologies
- Architect resilient ETL pipelines to cleanse, standardize, and process data from numerous sources
- Collaborate with talented data scientists to optimize and operationalize their reference implementation predictive models for production
What you have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- A focus on high-performance architecture and code
- Expertise in Python development
- Experience and interest in working with data
- Deep understanding of several databases that have different strengths
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Comfortable with Linux command line
- Experience with AWS
- A strongly proactive approach to improving systems
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Real estate markets
- Geospatial development
- NumPy, Pandas
- Fantastic sense of humor
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - one platform, infinite insights.
Back to top