Senior Software Engineer - Backend
At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We're seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help use large datasets and beautiful visualizations to architect a scalable revolutionary real estate platform.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role in developing architecture of HouseCanary platform
- Enhance and optimize our products and APIs
- Work with data engineers to incorporate new data sources
- Improve code base performance and request latency
What you have:
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Expert level Python ability
- Advanced level SQL knowledge
- Experience developing scalable APIs
- Collaborative and proactive personality
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
Special consideration given for:
- Knowledge of real estate markets
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy and/or scikit-learn
- Familiarity with PostGIS
- Django development expertise
- Fantastic sense of humor
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - one platform, infinite insights.
Back to top