Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- San Francisco, CA
HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We're seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help use large datasets and beautiful visualizations to architect a scalable revolutionary real estate platform.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role in developing architecture of HouseCanary platform
- Enhance and optimize our products and APIs
- Work with data engineers to incorporate new data sources
- Improve code base performance and request latency
What you have:
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Expert level Python ability
- Advanced level SQL knowledge
- Experience developing scalable APIs
- Collaborative and proactive personality
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
Special consideration given for:
- Knowledge of real estate markets
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy and/or scikit-learn
- Familiarity with PostGIS
- Django development expertise
Individuals seeking employment at HouseCanary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Back to top