HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We're seeking an entrepreneurial, technical, creative, versatile, hands-on Senior Sales Engineer to join our growing HouseCanary team. The ideal candidate will be an effective collaborator and influencer who can develop positive working relationships with prospects and customers through a consultative and solution-oriented approach. This individual will be responsible for crafting key messaging and sales narratives, mapping customer business needs to HouseCanary solutions, and providing technical guidance and product expertise throughout the pre-sales lifecycle.
We are open to a fully remote work arrangement.
What you'll do:
- Lead calls, demos, and on-site (after COVID-related travel restrictions are lifted) meetings to educate sophisticated investors on how to leverage HouseCanary’s solutions to improve returns and research efficiency
- Work with internal partners and stakeholders (including Sales, Product, Engineering, Research, Marketing, and Leadership) to conceptualize, design, and build highly usable, client-centric solutions, delivered via API, bulk delivery, or web Excel download
- Develop a deep understanding of residential real estate valuations, SFR and note investing, mortgage origination, and capital markets
- Be an expert, both in features and technical aspects, of the portfolio of HouseCanary products, data, and analytical offerings
- Be an expert in the markets that HouseCanary lives within as well as the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of HouseCanary’s primary competitors
- Define product messaging and Sales narratives to support Marketing and Sales efforts and collateral development
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Marketing to develop pitch decks, Sales playbooks, and other Sales/Marketing collateral to drive awareness, interest, and preference in HouseCanary solutions
- Enable and equip the Sales team with the product and solution messaging to most effectively connect with prospects and customers
- Define and plan co-Marketing programs that help scale opportunities with current and potential HouseCanary prospects and partners
- Aggregate customer product and feature needs identified through conversations with customers and collaborate with Product to prioritize the most impactful ones
- Be customer-obsessed, advocating for needed products, features, and solutions that will help drive our customers’ businesses forward
What you have:
- 5+ years experience in technology, Pre-Sales, banking, investment banking, consulting, trading, or real estate
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or another STEM field
- Customer-facing experience, and a client-centric approach to problem-solving
- Financial modeling experience with expertise in Excel (pivot tables, charts, lookups, index/match)
- Captivating storytelling abilities with excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- A willingness to be hands-on across the entire Pre-Sales process, from writing Product messaging and drafting pitch decks, to developing custom solutions
- A resourceful ‘owner’ mentality achieving great results however possible
- Strong analytical skills powering a strategic mindset
- A love for, and understanding of, your customers
- A passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. HouseCanary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).