HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We're seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help build a scalable, revolutionary real estate platform that integrates seamlessly with the top financial institutions.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role in developing the architecture of the ComeHome platform
- Integrate with some of the largest financial institutions in the US
- Write scalable, testable, well-documented code
- Implement new APIs for use in innovative consumer-facing features
- Collaborate with frontend engineers, product managers, and designers to build a robust, insightful real estate platform
- Enhance and optimize complex services and APIs
What you have:
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Golang (or equivalent experience using another server-side language with the strong desire to learn Golang)
- Experience building and maintaining APIs (especially in a microservices architecture)
- Collaborative and proactive personality
- Advanced level SQL knowledge
- Deep understanding of how the web works (HTTP, CORS, Headers, etc)
- A proven track record of delivering highly scalable and maintainable software
Special consideration given for:
- Knowledge of real estate markets
- Experience with open source data analysis libraries
- Expertise with Docker, AWS, or GCP
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. HouseCanary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).