UX Designer (Contract)
We’re seeking a passionate UX designer to join our team and craft the experience of a new version of one of our core products. You’ll focus on our customers’ needs, working closely with the product owner and copywriter, and you’ll be a part of a larger design team, so you’ll have plenty of other problem-solvers to bounce ideas off of. The interactions that you design will be relied on by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
Sound exciting? Great, read on!
What You’ll Be Doing
Partnering with a product manager, copywriter and others throughout the company, you’ll think through every aspect of the design, crafting an ideal solution that puts our users first. You’ll implement a new design direction that focuses on the hourly employees that keep restaurants humming, yet meshes with the style of our enterprise products to ensure a consistent experience as people move between our apps. The designs that you craft will work beautifully in a variety of contexts, from small phone screens to desktops across a wide variety of physical environments such as loud kitchens, behind the bar or in a back office.
What We’re Looking For
- A real passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with those of our business.
- You have three or more years of experience as a designer, at least three of which were working on web-based consumer products or services.
- Your portfolio showcases your UX chops (wireframes, user stories, flows) and visual design skills. We’d love to see examples of product design, not web site or marketing design.
- Mastery of Sketch or similar design tools (we use Sketch) and experience with InVision or similar prototyping tools.
- A deep understanding of web and mobile design constraints.
- Experience implementing and improving a design system.
- You love to conduct, document and share the findings from in-context observations and user interviews.
- Ability to jump from high-level concepts into detailed design conversations, and back again.
- You are collaborative and communicative by nature.
- You are driven to make the complex as simple as possible.
- You have opinions, but not a big ego.
- You continually iterate and improve your designs and skills, and you like to help the rest of your team level up.
- You’ve worked in restaurants or bars (double bonus points if you’ve designed apps that focus on people who work in the service industry, such as scheduling systems or Point of Sales (POS) solutions.
Details of Contract
- Contract length will be 180 days
- Start date is as soon as possible
- Hourly rate will be determined by experience level
- You’ll work in our office alongside our team, Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Once you’re on the team for a while, we can talk about working remotely on occasion.
We Are: HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members, and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Learn more about us, our story, and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page at HotSchedules.com.
HotSchedules provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HotSchedules complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top