Sr. Technical Support Engineer
The Escalation Engineer will be responsible for the technical support for our portfolio of products and helping to keep HotSchedules running smoothly for our large and growing user base. This position will collaborate with our Customer Care team to identify and resolve problems observed in our web, client side, and mobile applications. Strong problem solving skills, technical knowledge in a variety of areas, and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Work closely with our Customer Care team to...
- Resolve problems preventing our client-side application from successfully interfacing with Point of Sale systems.
- Diagnose network connectivity problems affecting data transfers from our customers.
- Identify enhancements and tools that can help the team be even more effective.
- Coordinate with Development and QA to get those fixes into the product.
- Expect to exercise your SQL skills and work with our Infrastructure group for problems regarding schema and data issues.
- Populate our wiki with articles on troubleshooting techniques, application functionality, etc.
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation.
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or a related technical field
- 3+ years supporting production systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, code debugging, and performance tuning
- Must be able to handle multiple issues concurrently and see them through to resolution
- Must be initiative based and self-motivated
- Familiar with SCM systems like Subversion and Git/GitHub
- Should have experience with a minimum of three of the following:
- Node.js application development (preferred)
- REST and/or SOAP APIs (preferred)
- Java and application servers like Tomcat (preferred)
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and/or SQL, JDBC, and relational databases
- TCP/IP networking
- Windows troubleshooting (Sysinternals utilities, etc.)
We Are: HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members, and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Learn more about us, our story, and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page at HotSchedules.com.
HotSchedules provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HotSchedules complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top