Sr. QA Engineer
Responsibilities as a Sr. QA Engineer:
As a HotSchedules Sr. QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for working with the Apps teams to test new features per requirements, identify bugs, and develop appropriate automated functional and integration tests. Participate in Agile Scrum process for work estimation, collaboration, daily standups, and feature demos.
You thrive in a team atmosphere. You believe in agile development and continuous delivery. You’re a self-motivated and intellectually curious engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills. You have a willingness to learn, adapt, teach, and pitch in wherever possible to help your customers. You are great at multitasking, time management, and understanding the product and feature set from the client's point of view You are incredibly detail-oriented.
If you'd like to work in a fast-paced environment using the latest technologies, this may be the place for you. The Quality team is building tests using primarily Protractor, NodeJS, Mocha, and Chai but we’re always open to evaluating new tools/frameworks when appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Application functional, integration and system testing
- Three or more years QA testing in a web-based / SaaS application environment through web and mobile platforms, including requirements review, test plan and test case development, and participation in automating those tests for regression test suites.
- Experience testing native Android and iOS mobile apps
- NodeJS programming knowledge with a demonstrated ability to build automated functional and integration tests
- Write quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- Experience with Protractor or any Selenium-based tool
- Manage tasks within an Agile framework, clearing sprinted tasks and managing JIRA workflows
- Manage long and short term deliverables with Product Management according to a product roadmap
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration concepts
- Experience with the some of the tools we use: JIRA, Jenkins, Rundeck, Graylog, Stackdriver, Amazon AWS
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years QA testing in a SaaS environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in the US without visa sponsorship
We Are: HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members, and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Learn more about us, our story, and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page at HotSchedules.com.
HotSchedules provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HotSchedules complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top