Sr. Backend Software Engineer
As a HotSchedules Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for working with the API, Integration, and Apps teams to provide a seamless integrated experience for HotSchedules customers. You’ll work with a number of technologies to integrate technical systems with the HotSchedules platform and ensure that HotSchedules Customers have the support and tooling that they need to manage their organization on the HotSchedules Cloud.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with a team of developers to provide top-tier features to a wide audience of Restaurant customers
- Build server-side technologies using open source software
- Integrate with multiple systems to move data between layers of the software stack
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, cloud computing, and service oriented architectures
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- Manage tasks within an Agile framework, clearing sprinted tasks and managing JIRA workflows
- Manage long and short term deliverables with Product Management according to a product roadmap
- Document architecture and implementation for both internal and external consumption
- Team player with 5+ years experience in software development
- Deep understanding and familiarity with REST API
- Dedication and experience with Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of the Agile SDLC and scrum methodologies
- Experience with NoSQL tiers (Mongodb, Hadoop, Couchdb, or Cassandra)
- Experience with AWS and cloud hosted infrastructure
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, or Puppet
- Experience with distributed cache (Redis, HazelCast …)
- Experience with Vert.x, Groovy, or Scala a major plus
Who you are:
You are an individual who thrives in a team atmosphere. You believe in agile development and continuous delivery. You’re a self-motivated and intellectually curious engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills. You have a willingness to learn, adapt, teach, and pitch in wherever possible to help your customers.
Who we are:
HotSchedules - Hospitality Unbound
Hotschedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability -We do what we ay we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top