Revenue Accountant, CPA
Join the HotSchedules team as our…. Revenue Assurance Accountant
HotSchedules Revenue Assurance Accountant supports all aspects of revenue accounting, revenue recognition, and revenue cycle for our global operations. The Sr. Revenue Assurance Accountant develops and implements corrective action plans to mitigate revenue risks and improve revenue opportunities while performing day to day revenue recognition and accounting functions, monthly close processes, maintaining an effective control environment as well as coordinating with our external auditors.
Highly accomplished in revenue accounting, technology industry revenue recognition principles (ASC606 and SOP97.2), and revenue leakage and assurance; you have the ability to resolve complexities in billing and revenue and initiate and evaluate future improvements to global revenue streams, systems/tools, and workflows. You are enthusiastic, adaptable to change and ready to take on new challenges.
- Prepare journal entries to support monthly close activities including billing accruals, revenue deferrals, and recognition of previously deferred items
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly general ledger reconciliations
- Analyzes data to identify revenue leakage or billing anomalies
- Understands and owns monthly revenue and cost deferrals
- Reconciles revenue and prepares and reviews detailed revenue/billing reports.
- Partners with external auditors supporting audit activities including reviews of exception reports and invoices
- Assists in the creation of policies and procedures to perform audits, identify revenue leakage and detect fraud
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA required and public accounting experience highly preferred
- 5 years of experience in revenue assurance and/or revenue accounting within a Software, Financial, FinTech, or Services company
- Experience with a SaaS-based ERP package; Netsuite preferred or SAP, Oracle or Dynamics accounting systems
- International or global revenue experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition standards, USGAAP FASB/IASB
Well-known across the globe for bringing the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries to the Cloud with our pioneering web & mobile products, superior customer service – and the people who make this happen.
Our Values: Because they are important to us!
Hospitality – We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
Innovation – We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
Community – We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
Fun – This isn’t just a job, it’s a calling, and we love it!
Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Learn more about us, our story and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page on HotSchedules.com
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top