QA Automation Engineer
Responsibility as a QA Automation Engineer:
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance, the QA Automation Engineer will serve as an integral part of the Product Development team responsible for testing our solutions for scheduling, reporting, and labor management. You will plan, implement, and execute automated functional tests in an Agile based environment.
Patient and dedicated, you have a passion for testing and building world class software that makes a difference. You are experienced with writing test automation or scripting that utilizes programming techniques (variables, loops, conditionals, etc.). You are able to work collaboratively with manual testers, other automation engineers, and developers during product development. You are great at multitasking, time management, and understanding the product and feature set from the client's point of view. Most importantly, you have a high attention to detail.
- Writing automated functional tests
- Maintaining existing automated tests and addressing sporadic failures
- Enhancing our test framework and infrastructure
- Assist QA team members with automated test development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing automated tests using a programming language (record and playback experience not applicable). We use Selenium, but similar experience plus willingness to learn is fine.
- Programming proficiency in at least one language. Python preferred, but experience in another language plus willingness to learn Python works too.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Testing web applications in a service oriented environment (SaaS)
- A strong commitment to improving product quality and a resourceful testing mentality
- Ability to write clear and concise bug tickets. This is an automated testing position, but you should ticket any bugs you find along the way.
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Testing RESTful web services directly using tools like SoapUI or Postman
- Working knowledge of relational databases and writing SQL queries for test verification
- Only Austin based candidates will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top