As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for designing and implementing our reference infrastructure for the HotSchedules Platform. While working closely with our development teams, you will focus on solution development to support our cloud services which will enable successful delivery of our platform to our customers.
- Partner closely with our Engineering teams to develop infrastructure automation and management solutions with a keen focus on scalability, security, and quality in AWS.
- Build and implement tools and frameworks to automate our system and software deployments.
- Lead technology initiatives that drive scalability and reliability.
- Create, test, update, and use automated operational runbooks for production services.
- 5 or more years experience with Linux system administration.
- 3 or more years experience with Configuration Management systems (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, cfengine, etc).
- 2 or more years experience with large-scale AWS and traditional data center deployments.
- Deep knowledge of core AWS services such as IAM, Route53, SES, VPC, EC2, S3, and CloudFormation.
- Hands-on experience with system and application monitoring and trending services (graphite, Cacti, sensu, Nagios, etc).
- Demonstrable skill with an administrative language (Python, Bash, Ruby).
- A strong understanding of system, network and service-related security best practices.
- Firm technical grasp on the usual suspect services and protocols such as DNS, LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, OpenVPN, etc.
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts.
- Hands on experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience operating real time analytics infrastructures such as Storm, Hadoop, HBase, or Amazon EMR.
- Understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment patterns and tools such as Jenkins and Rundeck.
Meet Some of Hotschedules's Employees
VP of Marketing
MaryKay is in charge of all of HotSchedules' marketing initiatives—making sure that the company is positioned for success and continuously attracting and retaining clientele.
Back to top