Senior Data Analyst
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. This role really is an opportunity. You will turn data into insights and insights into business decisions. You will work directly with stakeholders and decision makers. With an extremely fast go-to market timeline at HotelTonight, you will get to experience results of your analysis within weeks of completion.
You will guide the leads from different business areas and work with our top-notch Analytics team. Working in Analytics at HotelTonight is a BIG challenge and is highly rewarding. You will not just discuss problems but solve them, hack them, crush them.
There are no rules, no right or wrong. We question, we respect and we build. Analytics is a pillar in HotelTonight‘s phenomenal growth and you will be an influence in how Analytics can contribute more. You will get to strategize, plan and build models and reports that drive success. Business partners will look to you for consultation and you’ll have an immediate impact, owning and developing the data capabilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Use data to inform our business units, help hotel partners increase productivity, and drive our user acquisition strategy
- Proactively develop KPIs to identify trends and evaluate the success of company initiatives
- Mine the database for critical business insights and communicate findings to the organization
- Lead business users on using data correctly; Tell the story by visualizing the data
- Develop models and ad hoc reports, and share observations and recommendations
- Drive continuous improvement of business processes, analytics tools, and data quality
- Shape HotelTonight’s data infrastructure, including data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Self-motivated with 5+ years of industry work experience that includes a start-up to mid-size company. No consulting experience!
- Strong applied analytics! You should love data. Advanced SQL & Excel is a MUST
- A successful candidate would be one that works smarter, knows how to balance effort and ROI; Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy or similar
- Experience with modeling, report creation, and trend forecasting
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines. We move at a fast pace and generally have 3-5 projects going at any one time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Effectively presenting the insights is as important as the insights themselves
- B.S. Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Economics, CS or related field
- Enough technical chops that you can talk to our data engineering team
- Team player with demonstrated capacity for developing your own hypotheses. Bring your experience in, question the norm and contribute ideas
- Good understanding and interest in business. Not just a follower but brings in new perspective
- Ability to maintain a relationship within the team and with users
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Unlimited vacation, quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels, and spontaneous trips
- Competitive compensation and pre-IPO options at a thriving company funded by top investors
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees, FSA/HSA, 401(k), Commuter benefits
- Sweet perks - catered meals daily, all-you-can-consume coffee & snacks, access to our hotel-inspired full bar, kegerators with cold brews on tap, subsidized fitness membership, shiny MacBook & Thunderbolt display, our annual ping-pong tournament, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!
Back to top