Senior Business Operations Analyst
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Business Operations Analyst to help do just that.
As a Senior Business Operations Analyst on the Data & Strategy team, you’ll be part of a team that is focused on just that - using data to drive strategy. You’ll work closely with functions across the company (Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, Supply and Product), and own and lead projects from end-to-end. You’ll dive into complex datasets to analyze trends, identify opportunities and quantify the potential value of new initiatives.
Check out this post to learn more about how the D&S team empowers the company to make smarter decisions based on data.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL
- Organize backlog and prioritize opportunities for analysis
- Establish strong relationships with teams across the company to understand business objectives and opportunities
- Develop knowledge of data
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Establish a solid cadence and plan for priorities and communication to stakeholders
- Quickly deliver actionable insights and recommendations around key business questions to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Conceptualize and build tools and dashboards that empower stakeholders, enabling them to access data and draw insights in a self-serve manner
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Provide strategic, proactive recommendations and become a thought leader for your projects
- Own and lead projects across different functional areas and become familiar with how one function will impact others
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role using SQL
- Strong applied analytics - you love data, gleaning insights from data, and making decisions based on data
- Quantitative analysis - you have experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets using SQL and understand basic statistics; experience with advanced visualization tools is a plus (we use Tableau!)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - effectively presenting insights is as important as the insights themselves
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross functional teams
- Marketing analytics experience a huge plus!
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- An official Best Place to Work (we're in the top 10!)
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We’ll help you create goals that drive you, take on projects that excite you, and learn things that will surprise you
- A beautiful workspace at Market & 5th St
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, flexible time off, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
Back to top