QA Automation Engineer
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. This role is key in making sure our users feel the love across the globe. You will work with a world-class engineering team to release product at break neck speeds with amazing quality that meets the expectations of our bookers worldwide.
Automate the mundane and explore new technologies to enable the team to move even faster. Never be satisfied with it just works. Make it work better!
This is a great opportunity for an Engineer who is interested in automation technology and cares about making processes more efficient for delivering great products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the local Engineering team in running automation testing for our internal APIs and how the apps talk to each other
- Write Ruby scripts to automate testing in a staging environment
- Manual testing and other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Automate the localization process to ensure localization strings that are part of the UI for native mobile (iOS and Android), mobile web, and our extranet “HTx” are submitted on time for each build
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 2-5 years experience in QA automation, working as an Engineer at a startup or mid-sized company
- Experience writing Ruby scripts is a must; basic SQL skills required
- Familiarity with Selenium WebDriver is a plus
- Project, program or release management experience is helpful
- Hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes balanced with moving fast
- A self-starter who knows how to setup QA processes in an engineering org
- Someone who loves collaborating with a team and strives for continuous improvement
- Strong English oral & written communication skills
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY: You must be an EU citizen or currently have documentation demonstrating your right to work in Germany
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the world's favorite hotel app, supported by top-tier investors
- Competitive monthly salary + stock options in one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups
- Fun stuff: Quarterly travel stipend, weekly catered lunches, unlimited coffee and snacks, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
Back to top