QA Automation Engineer
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL
- Work with our team of engineers to validate feature work on HTx
- Become familiar with HTx and manually test the new UI
- Evaluate and help select automation technologies to build a robust web automation framework
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Build and maintain a web automation framework from scratch
- Build automation with the QA team to help augment regression
- Be a QA owner on your projects - build test plans, end-to-end testing, manual and automation, signoff
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Have ownership over HTx feature testing and work on a variety of projects
- Work closely with QA and Engineering to find new automation technology to invest in
- Build simple, beautiful products with an award-winning team that’s focused on revolutionizing the hotel booking industry
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Strong knowledge of automation testing tools and standards; experience building an automation framework (web or mobile) from scratch a huge plus!
- 2+ years experience with Ruby, Python, Java, APIs, JSON, JS, CI tool (ex: Jenkins)
- 3+ years experience working with complex backend systems, as well as hands-on Web testing; also having Mobile testing experience is a plus!
- Extensive knowledge of testing web and web services (frontend and backend)
- You understand the importance of manual testing in automation to better understand the product
- Proven ability to switch context and move at a quick pace; experience working in a fast paced mobile startup a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent in work experience
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- Commitment to keeping HotelTonight on the Best Places to Work list (we're in the top 10!)
- True startup experience — no bureaucracy and tons of tough decisions with real impacts on the business
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the next great travel company
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff - quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
Meet Some of HotelTonight's Employees
VP of People
Jeff is responsible for creating a great experience for the HotelTonight Team that enables everyone at the company to do their very best work.
Back to top