Product Manager, Consumer Experience
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Become an expert in the HotelTonight story, our mission, our values, and our products.
- Build strong relationships with the development, design, and product teams you’ll partner with.
- Understand the key drivers for our business, why our users love us, and how the hotel and travel industry works.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Have ownership over a significant portion of the customer journey. You will know where our conversion funnel is strong and where it can be improved. You will have developed deep empathy with our customers to know how their needs are not being met and how they aspire to book travel.
- Lead and launch a major product. You will champion an idea from inception through concept validation, define what success looks like and how you will measure it, work with design and development to create clear feature definition, and communicate this company-wide.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Become the expert at HotelTonight in your area of focus. Leadership will look to you to understand where the best opportunities are for adding value the customer experience and meeting our financial goals.
- You will develop and champion a product roadmap that will create a strong vision for how we can achieve our company vision through incremental wins and big bets.
- Re-define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- An ownership mindset: You accept responsibility for the success of the product and are comfortable making difficult choices when faced with uncertainty.
- Strong technical skills: You don’t need to be an engineer, but you need to be able to make intelligent tradeoffs to adapt our designs to our development and platform capabilities.
- Grit and scrappiness: You find ways to drive the product forward no matter the resources you have. You are not discouraged by failure because you are stubborn on the vision, but flexible on the execution.
- Data-Driven: You have exceptionally strong quantitative skills, but also know when to rely on qualitative data and your product-sense to make decisions.
- 3+ years of successfully launching consumer products. Search, Personalization, and Mobile experience are a big plus.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- An official Best Place to Work (we're in the top 10!)
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- Great SF office location at 5th and Market and a beautiful workspace
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans - and stock options, too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
Meet Some of HotelTonight's Employees
VP of People
Jeff is responsible for creating a great experience for the HotelTonight Team that enables everyone at the company to do their very best work.
Back to top