HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow, and next week. We take enormous pride in the product experiences we deliver to our customers, and strive to build amazing products that challenge the status quo. Design is something we care about deeply and is core to our efforts to provide world-class products that facilitate memorable experiences.
We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer who shares our passion for creating stunning products used by millions of people every day. You can draw and think and prototype and you love to build things. You’ll work primarily with our Product Managers building features for our Web platform. You’ll get the chance to dig deep into the needs of our hotel partners as well as our customers, designing solutions that serve both equally well.
This is an opportunity to have a real impact, building a next-level product with a tight-knit team at an established company that still moves fast and skips the bureaucracy. We’re set up in a beautiful space at Market & 5th with generous comp, great benefits and more perks than you can handle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work to surprise and delight customers with beautiful and useful desktop and mobile Web experiences
- Demonstrate a deep passion for Web design and an understanding of best practices, creating design deliverables such as specifications, process flows, UX wireframes and UI mock-ups
- Produce pixel-perfect production assets and work with Engineering to implement design solutions
- Welcome feedback from the team, collaborating with Product, Engineering and our QA team to test and verify design quality before releases
- Work with our marketing team, providing creative feedback and design support for product-related Web, email and social campaigns
- Help proctor regular user research and testing sessions
- Understand our brand, our aesthetic, and our differentiators - become a shepherd of these values in everything you contribute
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 2-5 years of consumer-facing design experience in a team-based product design setting
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch and sticky notes
- A design degree from a credible design-related program
- Ability to take a design challenge end-to-end; from collaboratively forming UI/UX solutions, to working through feedback from highly engaged stakeholders, jointly finalizing the solution, pixel-perfect production, and completing design QA before it ships
- Eye for detail and consistency - nothing is too small or insignificant
- Ability to come to the table with a strong opinion, yet be able to have open, direct and respectful conversations to ensure we reach the best possible design solutions as a team
- Drive to push the bounds of our products creatively, with an understanding of how to balance this with usability
- Impeccable visual design and interaction taste
- Exceptional collaborative and organizational skills
- A passion for design and travel (bonus if you use our app!)
- Demonstrated capacity for understanding the business goals behind our features - taking ideas and running with them while developing your own hypothesis
- Excitement to be part of a great team in a true startup environment
- Bonus points for nerdy glasses
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals daily, a subsidized fitness membership, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
Back to top