Platform Engineer - Connectivity
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. As a mobile-only company, HotelTonight is at the cutting edge of technology. Your role is to make the booking experience as simple and seamless as possible for both the users and the hotels.
Emails and faxes are ancient when it comes to mobile technology. You will be contributing to our Connectivity technology roadmap, connecting to the hotel systems, and enabling anyone to make a booking while walking from hotel’s entrance to the front desk with just three taps and a swipe.
On the opposite side of the flow, pull & push inventory data ingestion presents some challenging tasks - data correctness, scaling, and integrating with our value add features. You will partner a technical background with experience working with cross-functional teams to design, develop, test & deploy integrations between a variety of applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become the technical and product owner for Connectivity
- Implement new connectivity features on our Rails web applications for hotel partners and the HotelTonight team
- Maintain connectivity, help troubleshoot issues, and answer internal questions, always keeping a critial eye out for ways to prevent issues before they come up
- Contribute to platform evolution, supporting existing features, and recommending new ones and optimizations
- Participate in code reviews, improve our software development processes, and deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Work on scaling infrastructure to support massive data demands within a constantly changing real-time marketplace servicing millions of requests per day with 99.99% uptime
- Keep an eye on the platform and infrastructure on rotating pager duties, responding to issues promptly
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 2-4 years experience in software development in Ruby, working as an Engineer at a startup or mid-sized company
- Familiar with major technologies from our stack - Ruby, Rails, Rspec, MySQL
- Would be great if you have experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka/Kinesis
- Dependable, hands-on problem solver
- Broad interest in technology trends and keen to learn new things
- Detail-oriented, but moves fast
- Love working as part of a team and strives for continuous improvement
- Strong English communication skills to communicate effectively with the team
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The partnership of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the world's favorite hotel app, supported by top-tier investors
- Competitive monthly salary + stock options in one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups
- Fun stuff: Quarterly travel stipend, weekly catered lunches, unlimited coffee and snacks, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
You must be an EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to work in Germany.
Back to top