HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. A key part of making sure we have hotel partners who love to work with HotelTonight is providing them with the tools and information they need to make their decisions. You’ll get to build the platform working side-by-side with hotels to give them the tools to quickly and easily load rooms, guidance for pricing correctly, and compelling insights that ensure they come back everyday.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is passionate about the product, thinks of the users, envisions engaging tools and wants to utilize the latest technologies to deliver industry-changing products. You’ll have an immediate impact, helping to move the hotel product suite light-years ahead.
Follow our Technology Blog at BuildTonight to learn about the Engineering Team's challenges, goals and everything in between.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plug in to the firehose of event data to build systems that react to market conditions in real time
- Build delightful interfaces to surface the data that hotels need to make their pricing decisions
- Own the delivery and deployment of the services you build into our containerized production cluster
- Partner with other engineers, product managers, designers, customer experience, and supply teams to create a healthy marketplace
- Actively participate in code review process maintaining the standard of code quality
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies that can be added to our tech stack to solve the hairiest of problems
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 2-5 years experience with Rails or similar Ruby frameworks
- Experience working with relational databases (MySql, Postgres), key/value stores, data warehouses, and NoSQL solutions
- Has scaled and maintained high-traffic production systems
- Problem solver and creative thinker who will take an idea and build it
- Comfortable questioning the status quo and testing ideas via prototypes
- Analytical and detail-oriented but moves fast
- The ability to empathize with users of the products you build
- Excellent communication and cross-collaboration
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals daily, a subsidized fitness membership, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
Back to top