Mobile Full-stack Engineer
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. As a mobile-only company, HotelTonight is at the cutting edge of technology. Your role gets to take advantage of emerging trends in this market to deliver the best experience to our users.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced environment that puts high value on design and usability to achieve Crunchie-winning quality. As a part of a small, dedicated team, you will have an immediate impact in moving the mobile web product light-years ahead of the competition. An idea can go from concept to production within a week or two. Next to the mobile web, you will work on the HT Pros platform, our service for an in-app chat feature connecting users with a personal travel concierge.
To accomplish this, you’ll have access to the best tooling and work with a best of class team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take ownership of features from start to end; shipping beautiful mobile web products
- Review product requirements and help create technical specs for individual features
- Work with our design team to craft the perfect mobile web experience
- Participate in code reviews with other members of the engineering team
- Own the delivery and deployment of the services you build into our containerized production cluster
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies that can be added to our tech stack to solve the hairiest of problems
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 2-4 years experience with Rails or similar Ruby frameworks
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres), key/value stores, data warehouses, and NoSQL solutions
- Problem solver and creative thinker who will take an idea and build it
- Comfortable questioning the status quo and testing ideas via prototypes
- Analytical and detail-oriented, but moves fast
- The ability to empathize with users of the products you build
- Excellent communication and cross-collaboration
- We'd love if you have worked with native mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- And it would be great if you have scaled and maintained high-traffic production systems
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The partnership of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the world's favorite hotel app, supported by top-tier investors
- Competitive monthly salary + stock options in one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups
- Fun stuff: Quarterly travel stipend, weekly catered lunches, unlimited coffee and snacks, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
You must be an EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to work in Germany.
Back to top