HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. As a mobile-only company, HotelTonight is at the cutting edge of technology. Your role as iOS Engineer gets to take advantage of emerging trends in the market to deliver the best experience to our iOS users.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced environment that puts high value on design and usability to achieve Crunchie-winning quality. As a part of a small, dedicated team, your input will have a large impact on the product that is shipped. An idea can go from concept to production in mere weeks. We ship every two weeks! To accomplish this, you’ll have access to the best tooling and work with a best-of-class team.
Follow the HotelTonight Engineering blog to learn about the team's journey - our challenges, goals and everything in between.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take ownership of features from start to end; shipping beautiful iOS products
- Review product requirements and help create technical specs for feature development
- Collaborate with our design team to bring creative ideas to the UI and craft a beautiful iOS experience
- Participate in code reviews of other engineering members’ code
- Collaborate with our partners to be among the first to roll out unique, iOS first features (Apple Pay, Apple Watch, etc.)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- You’ve shipped one or more products to the App Store (include links for review)
- Experience: solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of building in the iOS ecosystem
- Self-motivated: familiar with modern design patterns and best engineering practices for iOS (your primary language is Objective-C and you’ve coded in Swift)
- Problem-solver: able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
- Design-oriented: empathetic to the end user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
- Communicator: clearly and effectively communicate with leadership and others of varying technical levels
- Team player: you’re in it for the team, not just yourself!
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, come move here!)
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals daily, a subsidized fitness membership, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!re in the world!
Back to top