HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. As a mobile-only company, HotelTonight is at the cutting edge of technology. Your role as iOS Engineer gets to take advantage of emerging trends in the market to deliver the best experience to our iOS users.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced environment that puts high value on design and usability to achieve Crunchie-winning quality. As a part of a small, dedicated team, your input will have a large impact on the product that is shipped. An idea can go from concept to production in mere weeks. We ship every two weeks! To accomplish this, you’ll have access to the best tooling and work with a best-of-class team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take ownership of features from start to end; shipping beautiful iOS products
- Review product requirements and help create technical specs for feature development
- Collaborate with our design team to bring creative ideas to the UI and craft a beautiful iOS experience
- Participate in code reviews of other engineering members’ code
- Collaborate with our partners to be among the first to roll out unique, iOS first features (Apple Pay, Apple Watch, etc.)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- You’ve shipped one or more products to the App Store (include links for review)
- Experience: solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of building in the iOS ecosystem
- Self-motivated: familiar with modern design patterns and best engineering practices for iOS (your primary language is Objective-C and you’ve coded in Swift)
- Problem-solver: able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
- Design-oriented: empathetic to the end user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
- Communicator: clearly and effectively communicate with leadership and others of varying technical levels
- Team player: you’re in it for the team, not just yourself!
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Unlimited vacation, quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels, and spontaneous trips
- Competitive compensation and pre-IPO options at a thriving company funded by top investors
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees, FSA/HSA, 401(k), Commuter benefits
- Sweet perks - catered meals daily, all-you-can-consume coffee & snacks, access to our hotel-inspired full bar, kegerators with cold brews on tap, subsidized fitness membership, shiny MacBook & Thunderbolt display, our annual ping-pong tournament, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!
Back to top