Director of Talent Acquisition
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to help us do just that.
The Recruiting team at HotelTonight is responsible for global talent acquisition. This job is for you if you're a talent acquisition leader, owner, and craftsperson who creates and evangelizes your employment brand. You want every candidate to feel like a VIP guest, and you love to build a creative team and strategy that is iterative, measurable and accountable. You think big, yet at the same time, you're aware of how all of the moving parts need to work together and you are integral in the execution.
As a strategic thinker and doer, you deliver high quality, consumable, and consistent metrics to leaders. You know how to balance long term focus with practical day-to-day execution. And you do this all by keeping it simple - simple provides clarity, allows you to be agile, and gets people onboard. Meeting or exceeding goals, and maximizing calculated efficiencies are all part of your DNA. You have a transparent communication style, and you collaborate to build trust and influence. You are positive and energetic and along with your team, you drive each phase of growth making each one more amazing than the last.
This position will be based out of our San Francisco office.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Understand the internal landscape of Recruitment and how it interfaces with the People team
- Understand our company’s current recruiting challenges and growth projections, along with the processes/systems that support this growth
- Understand what talent acquisition metrics we are currently tracking and begin to suggest enhancements to increase productivity and meet aggressive growth targets
- Understand the knowledge, skills and abilities of the current Recruitment team
- Understand the various competitive marketplaces for talent in which our Company participates
- Be viewed as a trusted business partner with management in support of short and long-term company decisions and strategies
- Successfully develop relationships at all levels of the organization
- Provide strong leadership to the Recruitment team and quickly become keyed into the intricacies of their challenges
- Be an expert at balancing the strategic responsibilities with day- to-day tactical responsibilities.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Fully understand our Company’s global talent acquisition processes, ensuring modern, cost effective strategies/systems are used (or are planned for) to rapidly fill all positions with high-caliber candidates
- Have strategized with the Recruitment team to ensure the appropriate recruitment metrics are being reported
- Identify areas where we need to make improvements and have begun to act on those ideas. Some areas might include policies, processes, strategies, compliance, and analytics
- Begin to implement key performance metrics for the Recruitment team to ensure we’re achieving budgeted headcount projections and maximizing productivity
- Understand the Company’s hard to fill positions and provide creative solutions to recruitment challenges.
- Assess our employment branding strategies and suggest optimization strategiesFully own the recruitment budget, ensuring we are spending to plan
- Continue to foster a culture of harmony and enthusiasm, building upon the company’s “best place to work” distinction
- Work closely with the General Counsel, CEO and senior staff to prepare Board of Directors communications as needed
- Operate as a business partner able to design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those that go beyond people and organizational solutions
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Have ensured our Company has created an outstanding employment branding strategy and candidate experience to attract the highest caliber talent on a worldwide basis
- Have optimized all recruitment-related systems to ensure adequacy for today and future growth strategies
- Have fine-tuned the talent acquisition processes to ensure we’re filling our open positions in a timely manner with outstanding people
- Have increased recruitment productivity metrics across all areas of the Recruitment team
- Provide thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution as required
- Be a strategic partner to the leadership team, sharing your expertise and providing thoughtful guidance in all aspects of the business
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- 8+ years of progressive talent acquisition experience is required
- Must have previous experience overseeing talent acquisition on a global basis in a fast paced, high growth company
- Prior venture backed company or start-up environment experience required.A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills
- Must have evidence of successful leadership and a management style characterized by teamwork, respect, integrity, organization, good communication and accountability
- Must have some understanding of international employment recruitment challenges, specifically in EMEA
- Ability to develop strong trusting business relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to develop and deliver new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees
- Strong computer literacy skills are required. Prior experience overseeing the implementation and added features of Lever or other similar software.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
- An official Best Places to Work as listed in the SF Business Times (2 years running!)
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- A beautiful workspace at Market & 5th St
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff — quarterly hotel credits, flexible time off, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
Back to top