Director of IT
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. We’re looking for a thought leader to build an IT environment that employees rave about. You’ll enable everyone’s success by creating a seamless technology experience that maximizes the team’s productivity, keeps our data secure and fuels our growth. You’ll think long term in preparing HotelTonight for the future while at the same time being lightning fast in responding to our immediate needs.
This is an opportunity to create and implement an IT strategy for a global company. As a leadership role on the PeopleTeam this role is pivotal in creating an employee experience that maximizes our productivity, supports our growth and delights employees every day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the end-to-end IT strategy for HotelTonight.
- Identify and implement solutions that maximize our productivity today and into the future, keep our information secure and set the company up for long term growth
- Create delightful experience for our employees through technology.
- Create an IT Control Framework and implement controls to meet SOX and other requirements
- Analyze business needs presented by individual business groups and recommend technical solutions that work within our entire IT stack
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including network equipment, computers, operating systems, phones, software applications, and peripherals across 4 offices
- Design and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, documentation, purchasing, and service provision
- Develop and maintain metrics that report compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies and controls related to information assets
- Manage a small IT team, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance & goal-setting
- Manage the IT budget. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Be a thought leader across the organization and contributor on the People Team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 7-10+ years of IT experience - focused on supporting Macs, Google Apps for Work, and leveraging other cloud-based technologies with an eye on security and compliance
- People management experience - enjoys managing people and helping them develop to their fullest potential
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders across the community
- Friendly, patient and personable - able to clearly explain complex technical standards to engineering and non-technical people alike
- Obsessive about the details - nothing is too small to be done right
- Strong knowledge of IT Control frameworks and experience in defining and implementing IT controls (e.g. SOX, access & security, privacy)
- Working knowledge of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT and/or ITIL
- Action-oriented - you're a builder and you want to see your ideas changing lives
- Bachelor's degree required, in a technical field desired - scripting knowledge is key
- Must have experience opening or supporting an international office, ideally in Europe
- All that, and the typical requirements of being a self-motivated team-player able to deliver on a tight timeline
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St.
- Unlimited vacation, quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels, and spontaneous trips
- Competitive compensation and stock options at a thriving company funded by top investors
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees, FSA/HSA, 401(k), Commuter benefits
- Sweet perks — Quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals daily, a subsidized fitness membership, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
Back to top