Director of Design
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. We’re looking for a Director of Design to bring thought leadership to our visual identity across the entire organization. You’ll lead and shape our visual strategy and design systems, merging business needs with consistent, high quality user experiences wherever HotelTonight puts it mark.
This won’t be your first rodeo; you’ve brought horsepower to an organization's visual design in the past and have championed for cohesion and uniformity in every pixel that Marketing, Product, and Engineering produce.
You believe in harmony between a maniacal passion for perfection and the simplicity of beautiful design. You obsess over font size, colors, kerning, and consistency. You have an eye for greatness, a profound appreciation for beauty, and exceptionally high standards that deliver designs that perform.
You have a keen business sense and an immense respect for the supportive role you play in contributing to the organization’s strategy and objectives. Above all else, you prioritize being an extraordinary partner to your internal and external clients.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Lead the team to deliver designs that tell the HotelTonight story
- Immerse yourself in every aspect of HotelTonight’s visual identity, polishing up irregularities and deviations across our apps, websites, marketing collateral, corporate identity, and office design
- Bring best practices from other mobile products that get it right
- Lead the team in whiteboard sessions where you’ll tease out ideas and question everything
- Become a product expert with a strong appreciation for the user experience
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Partner with our Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams as well as external agencies to drive results and hit aggressive business goals
- Be a steward of our brand internally and externally
- Craft ideas into shippable designs in rapid time, cleaning up inconsistencies along the way and making our product more holistic, complete, and refined with every project
- Develop a solid game plan that will strategically amplify our visual identity, rally the troops, and get each team behind your vision
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Build a center of design excellence at HotelTonight
- Bring HotelTonight to iconic design status, make our visual design a key factor in our competitive edge
- Develop and lead a team of designers that will partner with every internal team to align and elevate our identity across the organization, and in everything we do
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- An organization that embraces design, has a strong brand identity, and isn’t afraid to take risks
- The opportunity to take something great and make it world class
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build something disruptive
- Great SF office location at 5th and Market and a beautiful workspace
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans. And stock options, too
- Fun stuff — Quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals daily, a subsidized fitness membership, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
Back to top