Data Warehouse Engineer
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will own, build and grow our cloud-based data warehouse to support the company in insights, analysis and predictive product features.
Using the latest cloud database technology, enabling fast iteration and scalable provisioning, you'll get to expand real-time analysis capabilities to be leveraged in our products and services to keep HotelTonight at the forefront of innovation. The data warehouse improvements will enable finance, engineering, marketing, supply, analytics and product teams to incorporate data insights into our product and BI tools.
You’ll be in the trenches to bring HotelTonight to a world-class level of precision, while empowering the company to thrive off of the data that we own.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- “Hands on” with data warehouse implementation and design, including instituting processes to deliver world-class uptime and correctness
- Build a real-time data warehouse on the most modern technology - processing events in Kafka or Kinesis and structuring them in a way that’s consumable by the business
- Manage a large number of tables and views that are accessed by business users across the organization
- Manage permissions to ensure data accessibility, reliability and integrity
- Schedule SQL and batch jobs that build custom data tables and fields
- Partner with Data Science to provide the data to power machine learning
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Bachelor's or Master's in a technical field
- 2-7 years of data engineering experience
- Minimum 1 year experience maintaining a data warehouse
- Experience with Redshift, SnowflakeDB, Vertica, Greenplum, or other OLAP database
- Strong SQL skills is a must
- Can accurately size projects and meet commitments regularly
- Cares deeply about quality, reliability and minimizing downtime
- Service-oriented, great communicator and capable of fostering collaborative working relationships with other teams at a fast-paced startup
- Experience with a data pipeline system such as AWS data pipeline or Airflow
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, come move here!)
- Unlimited vacation, quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels, and spontaneous free trips
- Competitive compensation and pre-IPO options at a thriving company funded by top investors
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees, FSA/HSA, 401(k), Commuter benefits
- Sweet perks - catered meals daily, all-you-can-consume coffee & snacks, access to our hotel-inspired full bar, kegerators with cold brews on tap, subsidized fitness membership, shiny MacBook & Thunderbolt display, our annual ping-pong tournament, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!
Back to top