Data Quality Analyst
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. If hotel rooms are the fuel that powers HotelTonight, data is the oil that makes it fire on all cylinders. Data enables the teams to make better, timelier decisions, and enables the app to provide better hotels in the right places for users. Leveraging this data in the right way is what differentiates HotelTonight.
In this role, you will be a part of our rock-solid QA team and work in lockstep with Data Engineering to deliver business critical information that enable internal teams to make reliable, data-driven decisions for our hotel partners. You’ll have the leeway to build and automate processes that improve the quality of our data integrity and what is implemented in production. Quality assurance directly impacts our bottom line, and you can help ensure reliability of tables, tools and dashboards for a great user experience!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Investigate invalid/erroneous data sources by identifying the root causes of data integrity issues, and develop QA testing processes to prevent reoccurrence
- Identify gaps in process, code, testing, and environments; and work closely with the Data Engineering team to ensure consistency of data in our reports
- Design and create SQL test scripts (as part of unit testing) to ensure data quality
- Perform regression testing to find unexpected issues before weekly releases
- Document test results and clearly articulate test findings to teams at various levels, cross functionally
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 3+ years experience writing moderately complex SQL queries
- 2 years of QA experience, having some experience with test automation technologies like Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Strong experience with data validation using SQL across MySQL or Postgres databases
- Experience with a database testing framework, such as DbFit, to support test-driven development of database code
- Knowledge of a programming language like Python or Ruby is helpful
- A self-starter who knows how to setup QA processes in an engineering org
- Drive, dedication, enthusiasm and a desire to make a big impact on our team, product, and customers
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great SF office location at Market & 5th St. (If you live out of the area, move here!)
- Unlimited vacation, quarterly travel credits to stay with our amazing hotels, and spontaneous trips
- Competitive compensation and pre-IPO options at a thriving company funded by top investors
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees, FSA/HSA, 401(k), Commuter benefits
- Sweet perks - catered meals daily, all-you-can-consume coffee & snacks, access to our hotel-inspired full bar, kegerators with cold brews on tap, subsidized fitness membership, shiny MacBook & Thunderbolt display, our annual ping-pong tournament, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you ship something amazing!
Back to top