HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a Data Analyst to help do just that.
As a Data Analyst on the Data & Strategy team, you’ll be part of a team that is focused on just that - using data to drive strategy. You’ll work closely with functions across the company (Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, Supply and Product), and own and lead projects from end-to-end. You’ll dive into complex datasets to analyze trends, identify opportunities and quantify the potential value of new initiatives.
Check out this post to learn more about how the D&S team empowers the company to make smarter decisions based on data.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL
- Execute basic analysis and take responsibility for a portion of the analytics roadmap
- Familiarize yourself with HotelTonight data structure and tables
- Write SQL queries to extract data from the data warehouse
- Build strong relationships with teams across the company to understand business objectives and opportunities
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Establish a solid cadence for priorities and communication
- Quickly deliver actionable insights and recommendations around key business questions to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Conceptualize and build tools and dashboards, enabling teams to access data and draw insights in a self-serve manner
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Provide strategic, proactive recommendations and become a thought leader for your projects
- Own and lead projects across different functional areas and become familiar with how one function will impact others
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 2+ years experience in applied analytics - you love data, gleaning insights from data, and making decisions based on data
- Ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze data sets in SQL and understand basic statistics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - effectively presenting insights is as important as the insights themselves
- Analyze data to uncover new business and product opportunities
- Experience with advanced visualization tools like Tableau and prior Marketing/Finance analytics experience a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- An official Best Places to Work (we're in the top 10!)
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff - quarterly travel stipend, flexible time off, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
Back to top