Backend Engineer, Search Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and domain experts to iterate on and improve our ranking algorithm and search APIs
- Contribute to platform evolution, support existing features, recommend new ones and optimizations
- Participate in code reviews, improve our software development processes and deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Work on managing and scaling the infrastructure that enables our services to process millions of requests per day with 99.99% uptime
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 3+ years experience in software development working as a Backend Engineer
- 2+ years experience with Ruby
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: ElasticSearch, Kafka, Apache Spark
- Detail-oriented but moves fast
- Ability to tackle broad, challenging problems in an analytical, pragmatic way
- Loves working as part of a team and strives for continuous improvement
- Strong English communication skills to communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS COOL
- You'll join the Search team in Berlin to enhance our users' search experience. This team built the technology and algorithm that powers the hotel list our users see, and we're ready to take it to the next level.
- You'll use geolocation data and analysis to understand user behavior and make search more dynamic and relevant for each user.
- You'll work closely with other Platform Engineers and our VP of Platform Engineering to scale and build personalized experiences for our users.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- Commitment to keeping HotelTonight on the Best Places to Work list (we're in the top 10!)
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- The partnership of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the world's favorite hotel app, supported by top-tier investors
- Competitive monthly salary + stock options in one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups
- Fun stuff: Quarterly travel stipend, weekly catered lunches, subsidized fitness membership, a wireless stipend, unlimited coffee and snacks, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
Meet Some of HotelTonight's Employees
Stephanie build products for the company's hotel partners and helps make sure HotelTonight always has an amazing inventory.
Back to top