WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Jump right in and immerse yourself into the code base to fully understand our app structure
- Fixing bugs and making improvements as we roll out new features
- Learn all about the business, where we’ve been, and where we’re going
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Celebrate the completion of 2 projects from start to finish
- Take part in our twice monthly app releases to the Play Store, maintaining our scrappy pace
- Show off your work at one of our Demo Friday events
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Fully own projects on the Android side, working closely with design, product and QA to deliver a great app experience
- Help assess new Android features and libraries and estimate development effort for integration
- Bring your own ideas to the user experience and then make them happen
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS COOL:
- We’re an Editors' Choice app in the Play Store and an Android Excellence App!
- Check us out for yourself on Google Play
- We're mobile first. And we've been mobile first since we first appeared in the app store in 2011
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ve worked on a consumer-facing Android app before (at least 2 years of experience)
- A passion for the Android platform - you consider it the best, use it yourself, and want to make beautiful apps for it. You have published apps in Google Play with stellar reviews.
- Excited by and familiar with tools and methodologies for building great software including Git, Java, Gradle, Fragments, and open source libraries. Knowledgeable about Material Design.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design best practices.
- Appreciation for Agile development, fast sprints, continuous integration, and beautiful efficient code.
- Smart yet humble. Independent and product-focused. Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related technical field required
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- An official Best Place to Work (we're in the top 10!)
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work withWe aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- Great SF office location at 5th and Market and a beautiful workspace
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans - and stock options, too
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
Meet Some of HotelTonight's Employees
Stephanie build products for the company's hotel partners and helps make sure HotelTonight always has an amazing inventory.
Back to top