Workplace, Fitness Experience Concierge
We are building a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. Thank you for your interest in CBRE.
We are Host! Designed to complement CBRE's occupier and landlord service offerings, the Host mission is to create and scale people-led, technology-enabled services that increase individual well-being, personal productivity and organizational effectiveness. Put simply: our goal is to help people work smarter and delight in doing it.
In search of an enthusiastic, driven, and fitness motivated team member, for our experience services team on client site in the Portland area. The experience team serves at the center of a broader service model, interfacing across the client organization and integrating with all other building services to ensure timely and seamless delivery of amazing outcomes for the community in a state of the art, fitness building. Not your average front of house, the experience services attendant is all about curating an engaged and motivating fitness experience, responding to a wide variety of on-site requests, and creatively exceeding expectations. The experience attendant will be a key member on a team that anticipates and tackles challenges before they arise to make it easier for individuals to connect to health, and fitness throughout client campus.
What You Do:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
You Create Great Impressions Through:
• Executing a seamless, world class, holistic member experience. Creating delightful, and superior welcome, and departure experience for all
• Attending to care of member and visitor needs. Maintains consistency to provide equal care for all
• Communication and diligent preparation for all events, working with partners and ensuring value, impact, and mission alignment as well as execution without incident
• Prioritizes name-knowing to connect and enhance member experience
• Ensures that pertinent and on-brand communications are proactively posted, and distributed, as approved or directed through the Experience Lead
• Staying informed on the goings-on in the building by being an active member of the community
You Create Great Outcomes Through:
• Providing resources to members and connecting them to multiple health facilities to achieve fitness goals
• Effectively manage several competing priorities while maintaining excellent customer service
• Scheduling and resetting conference rooms and audio visual equipment as needed
• Anticipating and resolve obstacles to avoid disruption
• Maintaining the welcome desk appearance and equipment
• Communicating with Experience Lead and after-hours staff to help resolve any issues that may arise
• Communicating opportunities to improve efficiencies and outcomes with Experience Lead
You Create Delight Through:
• Consistently creating new opportunities to bring delight into fitness through engagement, events, and surpassing the expected
• Responding to member inquiries and concerns. Follows up with members to ensure satisfaction
• Informing members of club activities, special events and programs
• Coordination of member celebration moments
• Familiar with all services within the facility and works with facilities management and human capital teams to facilitate hospitality approach across services
• Knowledgeable about the surrounding area, creates opportunities to engage across campus and community, and ensures library of information is updated, proactively distributed, and readily available upon request
• Keeps a finger to the pulse of the community (including surrounding area: theatre, sports, concerts, shows, special exhibits, sightseeing) and provides information, ticketing, and reservations for visitors and employees
Where You've Been:
• Completed high school and have experience working in customer service, preferably in a fitness environment. Accreditation in fitness desired
• Partnering with facilities, food services, security, and technology peers
• Carrying out instructions and problem solving to create positive outcomes
• Proving that expectations are meant to be exceeded
• Fueling curiosity towards the benefits of proven client outcomes
• Motivated by fitness with energy, enthusiasm and passion
• Communicating with partners across various service lines
• Owning and organizing diverse sets of initiatives and completing projects in a timely manner, including under pressure
• Deploying mastery of standard and advanced software systems and social media platforms
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Frequent standing and walking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
May require flexible availability to work shifts that could be within standard business hours or could be closing shifts throughout the week.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree or professional hospitality accreditations preferred. Prior Customer Service experience required. A minimum of 0-1 year Front Desk, Concierge, customer service or other hospitality experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications.
Good organizational skills. Ability to work flexible work schedules based on office needs. Physical ability to assist. Able to lift 30 lbs. Strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible.
Strong knowledge of the surrounding area and all recreational, hospitality and business-related information. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations,
interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated
with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so
Back to top