Hi, we're Host!
We believe your office should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. Because when people feel inspired, great things happen.
As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront. As you collaborate with colleagues to create a culture of support, you will have countless opportunities to inspire moments of delight and pursue amazing outcomes each day.
With Host, you can join a team that elevates the office experience by delivering world-class services that make coming to work better than it's ever been.
Host seeks to hire a Workplace Experience Director bringing a wealth of hospitality experience for delivery of services in a corporate environment. Leading a large and diverse team, the Workplace Experience Director serves as the primary client contact for the delivery of Host's services, with the mission of increasing employee well-being, personal productivity, and organizational effectiveness. Host uses people-led services to connect employees to their environment through high-touch services and world-class customer service support. This role serves on the integrated account leadership team and is focused on partnering with our client on experience development and delivery across a large and diverse corporate real estate portfolio. To ensure success, this role will be supported by a large team of subject matter experts with a dynamic kit of tools and resources.
- Directs the Experience Services team to deliver service levels within the prescribed scope and budget. Services include, but are not limited to: Reception, Switchboard, Room Management, A/V Support, Meeting Management, Food Services Support, Document Services, Mail Services, Office Supply Management, Space Reset, Workplace Onboarding Support.
- Reviews and contributes to client's strategic plans and determine appropriate staffing levels to meet expectations; provides direction on Host management, including recruitment of talent, performance management, employee engagement, employee development and financials.
- Responsible for Host revenue and expense management for assigned account/property.
- Establishes savings goals and creates action plans to improve financial position(s).
- Negotiates with clients, partners, and associates to resolve conflicting priorities. Sets goals and direction to meet and exceed client expectations. Sets achievable goals that are linked to the objectives of the organization.
- Manages development, production, quality and retention of Host team.
- Provides vision, strategy and implementation guidance for full scope of Host services. Manages client relationship.
- Remains informed about developments within the Experience Services industry, and networks with in-company subject matter experts to bring world class solutions to bear for the client.
- Monitors key service delivery metrics. Takes corrective action as needed. Meets with management team and appropriate departments to discuss and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensures safety standards are met by those delivery Experience Services; whether company employees or third-party service providers.
- Ensures necessary tools and technology are available for Experience Services teams and clients.
- Delivers strategic plan for utilization of vendor partnerships.
- Maintains relationships with vendors who provide services and goods.
- Ensures orientation is best in class throughout a large campus or multi -site/cross-regional disparate portfolio.
- Ensures quality and regular audits of the Service Business Continuity plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or other relevant vocational training preferred. Minimum of 10 years related (e.g. Front Desk, Concierge, Hospitality, Room Management, or Customer Service) roles preferred. Previous supervisory & customer service experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees department budget.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, OneNote, Outlook, etc. Comfortable with and embracing of new technologies and digital tools; such as Apps, databases, financial management, work order management, social networking, cloud technologies, handheld mobile technologies and applications, and communications.
Best candidates will have a genuine interest in in anticipating and serving the needs of others. A warm demeanor and desire to collaborate with others is key.
Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so
As a Supervisor:
1. While adhering to all HSE requirements established for CBRE employees, supervisors and managers are required to:
a. Provide sufficient distraction free time for employees to complete all required HSE training & support the HSE training program implicitly
b. Investigate and resolve (if possible) all reported unsafe conditions / acts and communicate results back to the affected stakeholders
c. Support stop work authority when it is exercised in good faith
d. Communicate any / all potential workplace hazards and workplace procedures