Who are we?
Hopin is in a unique position to play a role in the next decade of customer engagement, offering our customers an innovative suite of best-in-class video interaction and community experience products. Through our suite of audience engagement tools you can create community experiences.
You will be joining our early initiative - codenamed “Project C” - an initiative directly backed by the CEO, and reporting directly to the Director of Engineering who led the early development of Hopin Events.
You will be joining a small, but growing, team of 6 engineers who are empowered to build and improve our product and codebase with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility.
This Senior FE role is a remote-first position, joining a diverse team distributed around the world. With a focus on keeping timezone flexibility, there are fewer than 3 hours of fixed weekly time meetings - and a large degree of timezone freedom.
We are aiming to deliver a best-in class product, following engineering best practices and cutting-edge technologies. You will be working on a codebase that’s under 9 months old, being actively refactored to keep up to date and in the best shape.
- Building new features, maintaining existing features, and improving our overall product.
- Collaborating with your team through pairing, discussions, code reviews.
- Help build best practices, flag when something can be improved, be proactive, and be part of creating the best possible engineering team.
- Coordinate with stakeholders (other engineers in the company, the product team, and some non engineering functions).
- You are an autonomous developer capable of owning a feature from conception to production-ready.
- You are an expert in the Front End web technologies (including the browser APIs, HTML5, ES6, CSS3, etc)
- You are an experienced React engineer - and are up to date with the latest best practices including React Hooks, Function Components, and the Context API.
- You have deep understanding of the ecosytem you work with, including how to interact with various different BE APIs, how to test your work, and different deployment strategies and their trade-offs.
At least one of these apply to you:
- You have experience working with Next.JS and are familiar with the best practices of the framework.
- You have worked on a server-side rendered FE webapp.
- You have built, or help built a design system. You understand trade-offs when building a component library, and are experienced in building an easy to use API.
- You have helped test and diagnose performance of a FE application, you are familiar with best practices when building a performant application.
- You have experience building native apps.
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
A little about us
We would love for you to try each of the platforms yourself, but for now, here’s a high level description of how each of the Hopin products work together as an ecosystem:
- Hopin Events - great for your larger multi-track events, conferences, trade shows, networking, sponsor booths, and robust registration capabilities.
- Session - great for your interactive large and small webinars, team all hands, meetings, AMAs, and workshops.
- StreamYard - great for creating professional live streams, multistreaming, recording video content, podcasts, and streaming webinars..
- Streamable - great for uploading, editing, and sharing your videos easily online.
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent from selected locations around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, UK, USA, Ireland
- Employer of Record: India, Portugal, Spain
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Honduras, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.