Senior Software Engineer - Backend (NYC area only)
- New York, NY
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare (formerly HT [Hometeam] Health).
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. Caregivers are one of the largest, most untapped resources in the healthcare delivery system and are the unsung heroes of their care recipients. Yet despite their vital role, they are largely unsupported and invisible to the healthcare ecosystem.
At Vesta Healthcare, we enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring the people they rely on, their caregivers, have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise. Our analytics help identify and target the right people and populations. Our technology creates real-time connectivity and actionable data out of observations. Our services connect to real people who can help when needs arise, and our healthcare expertise helps us understand how we create value for both payers and providers.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have just closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of engineers who care deeply about our mission.
The engineering team is passionate, highly collaborative, curious, and excited about the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging problems in our healthcare system. We're inspired to create ground-breaking software to support our mission and the caregiver heroes who do incredibly important work in caring for older adults.
The ideal teammate would be...
Someone who can passion for developing innovative solutions in the healthcare space. Someone who wants to use their extensive experience in building backend technologies to support the the design and implementation of our new Clinical Services Innovation (CSI) platform, a multi-enterprise SaaS solution will become the foundation for our web and mobile applications, as well as our ai/analytics platform. Someone who cares deeply about good design, good programming practices, and mentoring team members. Someone who wants to collaborate with product managers, designers and subject matter experts to make sure that we are delivering high quality software every day.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Support the design of our backend infrastructure as well as individual components implemented
- Lead a team in the design and develop of key components of the platform
- Support and enhance unified development standards
- Review code to ensure quality, maintainability, reusability, and Secure Programming Practices
- Mentor engineers to develop good overall programming practices and a solid approach to technical problem solving
- Evaluate technologies for build vs. buy and integration/interoperability
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience in Java or other object-oriented programming language experience
- Worked in a regulated industry such as healthcare or FinTech
- Previously responsible for the design and delivery of one or more complex components
- Experience with multi-tenant, multi-enterprise architectures
- Knowledge of the impact regulations such as HIPAA have on architectural design
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with secure programming practices
- Developed using a modern programming framework, RESTful APIs, and relational DBs
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
If yes, then we look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Back to top