Senior Product Designer
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
Headquartered in NYC, Hometeam empowers caregivers to deliver high-quality home care for older adults, a population in the US that’s growing at a rapid pace. Our custom technology enhances our delivery of care, but it’s our employees who make a tangible impact on people’s lives everyday. Whether you’re a Caregiver in the field or a Software Engineer in our corporate office, Hometeam provides employees the opportunity to elevate the standards of home care in America.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to drive experience design for our Caregivers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to deliver home care to our customers. As an ideal candidate for this role, you approach design holistically, tackling everything from user research initiatives to high fidelity design deliverables with equal enthusiasm. You influence the decisions of your product, design, and engineering teammates through the lens of data and user research. You also contribute to the product roadmap in aligning your work with our company objectives, while simultaneously maintaining the user’s perspective. Most importantly, you’re driven to empower our caregivers and facilitate higher quality care for older adults.
- Create design deliverables (low and high fidelity) for websites, web applications, and mobile applications
- Conduct user research to support design decisions on products as well as customer and caregiver team initiatives
- Synthesize business needs alongside our product designer, product managers, and developers to create meaningful user experiences for our caregivers
- Collaborate with our operations, caregiver manager, and caregiver teams to provide critical technical support
- Know when to create the right documentation for the task at hand, whether it’s a quick sketch on a whiteboard, an annotated wireframe that a developer can run with, or a high fidelity mockup
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- 6-8 years experience turning complex problems into engaging user experiences
- Ability to articulate your ideas to designers, product managers, and developers using low and high fidelity mediums like sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Drive to solve challenging, unconventional problems
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Excellent collaboration skills across disciplines
- Passion for our mission to improve the lives of caregivers and older adults
- Empathy and cultural sensitivity
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Because Hometeam is a government contractor, you cannot be included on the list(s) of excluded individuals or entities for federally-funded healthcare programs.
Meet Some of Hometeam's Employees
Karan strives to improve communication and coordination between the caregivers and the care recipients’ family members by making sure Hometeam’s technological systems are cutting-edge—and also user-friendly.
Back to top