Headquartered in New York and with offices in three states, Hometeam transforms the in-home care and aging experience by providing clients with personalized care planning, expert caregiver matching, custom mobile technology, and proactive care management to improve older adults’ health and well-being while giving their families peace of mind.
What we're looking for:
As a Medicaid Specialist on the Care Advisor team, you will be the first point of contact for families interested in Hometeam’s services but who need help navigating Medicaid. You will assist them in the application process, scheduling assessments, and following up, while constantly keeping a positive attitude and acting as a beacon of trust. The Medicaid specialist role is equal parts expert, counselor, and guide while always being a salesperson. As this is a new Hometeam offering, you have a unique opportunity to guide our company through a huge period of growth and expansion, while bringing home care to every family who needs it.
- Become an expert on senior care and Medicaid, while acting as a trusted advisor to families who need help caring for a loved one
- Bring families through the Medicaid and managed long-term care enrollment process
- Answer questions, set expectations, and lead the process from looking into home care through becoming a Hometeam client
- Develop long-term, lasting relationships with all stakeholders and communicate across the team to ensure the highest quality of care for our families
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience with Medicaid enrollment, eligibility or coordination
- Strong client-facing communication skills
- Can-do attitude when faced with any task, big or small
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with first-class organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and comfort with being uncomfortable
- A natural curiosity, desire to learn, and hunger to achieve
- A genuine desire to serve others and passion to help those in need
- Added plus if you are knowledgeable and familiar with the NYC MLTC and Medicaid universe. Terms like Maximus, UAS, FIDA, and PACE are meaningful to you!
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top