Head of Learning & Development
Headquartered in New York and with offices in three states, Hometeam transforms the in-home care and aging experience by providing clients with personalized care planning, expert caregiver matching, custom mobile technology, and proactive care management to improve older adults’ health and well-being while giving their families peace of mind.
What we’re looking for:
Our team of Caregivers is the heart and soul of our operation - they dedicate their lives to helping others, and we believe in return they deserve fulfilling careers, opportunities for advancement, and education that helps bring them success in work and in life. This opportunity represents so much more than workplace training and development; it will have meaningful impact on individuals’ well-being and is necessary for Hometeam’s future success.
- Overall design and implementation of Caregiver Learning and Development Programs, including clinical skills, communication skills, leadership training, etc
- Assess and prioritize learning needs to balance Caregiver goals and business needs
- Ownership of full cycle program implementation, including concept, budget, planning, and delivery
- Partner with internal and external leaders to capture best practice content and learning approaches
- Partner with HR and recruiting to design innovative onboarding and career development programs, and serve as the conduit to implement this across the organization
- Partner with our technology teams to integrate an innovative tech-enabled learning platform
- Own effectiveness and results of learning and development and its impact on quality of care, caregiver retention, and career growth
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building learning and development programs for a dispersed or remote workforce
- Strong knowledge of learning technology (LMS, content management systems, social learning systems) as well as instructional design
- Track record of building exceptional learning programs that deliver relevant content and take into consideration the audience and its various learning styles
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with first-class organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Motivation to roll up your sleeves and commit to everything from strategy to execution
- Resilience and capacity to perform while handling highly emotional circumstances
- Compassion and empathy for our Caregivers and their diverse backgrounds, competencies, and needs
- A genuine desire to serve others and passion to help those in need
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Meet Some of Hometeam's Employees
Harry and his team build the tools Hometeam needs to operate smoothly. They architect both internal and caregiver tools—supporting Hometeam employees and helping families manage the care of their loved ones.
Back to top