Headquartered in NYC, Hometeam empowers caregivers to deliver high-quality home care for older adults, a population in the US that’s growing at a rapid pace. Our custom technology enhances our delivery of care, but it’s our employees who make a tangible impact on people’s lives everyday. Whether you’re a Caregiver in the field or a Software Engineer in our corporate office, Hometeam provides employees the opportunity to elevate the standards of home care in America.
In order to support the Hometeam mission we are building a team of experienced engineers to create software that will improve the lives of seniors, caregivers and others in the home care ecosystem. There is work that is both straightforward, and more fundamentally complex.
- You are interested in not only writing software, but helping to build a company. You have the empathy and communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with colleagues on different teams to solve fundamental business problems.
- You understand the fundamentals of computer science. You might have a relevant degree from a good school, but maybe not. Regardless, you know how to implement hashmaps and heaps and trees. You can discuss the difference between a breadth first and depth first search. You know what Big-O notation is and can tell us the running time of an algorithm.
- In addition to knowing the theory, you also know the practice. You write clean code that is easy to understand. Instead of moving fast and breaking things, you take your time to do it right. You know that when it comes to being a great engineer it's all about the details.
- You're interested in new tools and technologies, but you also found yourself nodding your head a little when reading Choose Boring Technology. You care more about getting the job done right than showing off.
- You're comfortable starting with a blank sheet of paper and creating working code from scratch. You aren't intimidated and you will learn whatever new skills or tools you need to get the job done.
- You want to do good work. You take pride in what you do. But you also want to go home at the end of the day. You wonder a little bit about the sanity of companies that expect their employees to live at the office.
- You want to work with a team of co-workers that know what they're doing. You like being around people you can learn from, and people that you can trust to do a good job in their part of the world. You want a manager that keeps things running and can be a mentor, but not a boss that micro-manages your day.
- You could get a job at Google or Facebook but don't really want to work for a big company. On the other hand, you might also be a bit disillusioned with the startup world, and wonder how many on-demand mobile-social-rating companies the world needs. You want to have a meaningful positive impact on people's lives.
If any of this sounds like you, then let's chat. Hometeam is changing the face of homecare in New York and we would love to have you on our team.
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Because Hometeam is a government contractor, you cannot be included on the list(s) of excluded individuals or entities for federally-funded healthcare programs.
Meet Some of Hometeam's Employees
Karan strives to improve communication and coordination between the caregivers and the care recipients’ family members by making sure Hometeam’s technological systems are cutting-edge—and also user-friendly.
Back to top