Headquartered in New York and with offices in three states, Hometeam transforms the in-home care and aging experience by providing clients with personalized care planning, expert caregiver matching, custom mobile technology, and proactive care management to improve older adults’ health and well-being while giving their families peace of mind.
In order to support the Hometeam mission we are building a team of experienced engineers to create software that will improve the lives of seniors, caregivers and others in the home care ecosystem. There is work that is both straightforward, and more fundamentally complex.
- You are interested in not only writing software, but helping to build a company. You have the empathy and communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with colleagues on different teams to solve fundamental business problems.
- You understand the fundamentals of computer science. You might have a relevant degree from a good school, but maybe not. Regardless, you know how to implement hashmaps and heaps and trees. You can discuss the difference between a breadth first and depth first search. You know what Big-O notation is and can tell us the running time of an algorithm.
- In addition to knowing the theory, you also know the practice. You write clean code that is easy to understand. Instead of moving fast and breaking things, you take your time to do it right. You know that when it comes to being a great engineer it's all about the details.
- You're interested in new tools and technologies, but you also found yourself nodding your head a little when reading Choose Boring Technology. You care more about getting the job done right than showing off.
- You're comfortable starting with a blank sheet of paper and creating working code from scratch. You aren't intimidated and you will learn whatever new skills or tools you need to get the job done.
- You want to do good work. You take pride in what you do. But you also want to go home at the end of the day. You wonder a little bit about the sanity of companies that expect their employees to live at the office.
- You want to work with a team of co-workers that know what they're doing. You like being around people you can learn from, and people that you can trust to do a good job in their part of the world. You want a manager that keeps things running and can be a mentor, but not a boss that micro-manages your day.
- You could get a job at Google or Facebook but don't really want to work for a big company. On the other hand, you might also be a bit disillusioned with the startup world, and wonder how many on-demand mobile-social-rating companies the world needs. You want to have a meaningful positive impact on people's lives.
If any of this sounds like you, then let's chat. Hometeam is going to be the next great New York technology company and we would love to have you on our team.
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Hometeam's Employees
Harry and his team build the tools Hometeam needs to operate smoothly. They architect both internal and caregiver tools—supporting Hometeam employees and helping families manage the care of their loved ones.
Back to top