Director of Engineering
HT Health is a startup with a simple mission: helping the elderly, our parents and grandparents - to continue living their lives at home and connected to their family and community. We monitor the home in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help.
Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals.
We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have just closed a Series A funding round - demonstrating investor excitement in our approach!
We are looking for a hands-on Director of Engineering to head the design and implementation of our new Clinical Services Innovation (CSI) platform. This multi-enterprise SaaS solution will become the foundation for our web and mobile applications, as well as our AI/analytics platform.
As a Director of Engineering of the CSI platform, you’ll be working with several teams to develop scalable applications that:
- Support the workflow of clinicians, social workers, and care conveners
- Leverage our unprecedented access to receive, transform, and analyze clinical data from many sources
- Incorporate intelligence into clinical decision support
- Integrate services of 3rd party partners
- Engage and delight end users (patients and their caregivers)
This position reports into the CTO.
Based either remote or in NYC. Remote requires monthly travel to NYC.
- Support the design of the platform architecture as well as individual components
- Design and develop key components of the platform
- Support and enhance unified development standards
- Review code to ensure quality, maintainability, reusability, and Secure Programming Practices
- Mentor engineers to develop good programming practices and a solid approach to technical problem solving
- Evaluate technologies and build vs. buy
- Lead a team of engineers in the delivery of platform capabilities
- At least 7 years of software engineering experience (required)
- Worked in a regulated industry such as Healthcare or FinTech (required)
- Previously responsible for the design and delivery of one or more complex software components
- Experience with multi-tenant, multi-enterprise architectures
- Knowledge of the impact regulations such as HIPAA have on architectural design
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with secure programming practices
- Developed using a modern framework (Java framework a plus), RESTful APIs, and relational DBs
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
- Backend: Java with Dropwizard, Hibernate, Jetty, Jackson
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Cloudformation, SNS and more
- Dev tools: Github, CircleCI, Swagger, Docker
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation & generous sick leave
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Free snacks, coffee, and tea
- Monthly company lunches and bagel breakfasts
- HT Health Culture Club sponsored events (nights out with colleagues)
HT Health is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. HT Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
See Inside the Office of Hometeam
Built on a solid foundation of supportive, compassionate caregivers and new, user-friendly technology, Hometeam is reinventing in-home care. In addition to keeping family members updated and managing logistics, such as medication regimens, Hometeam caregivers also create an individualized approach, encouraging their clients to pursue interests and stay involved in the community.
Back to top