Headquartered in New York and with offices in three states, Hometeam is transforming the in-home care and aging experience by providing clients with personalized care planning, expert caregiver matching, custom mobile technology, and proactive care management to improve older adults’ health and well-being while giving their families peace of mind.
What we’re looking for:
As Hometeam continues to grow and expand, we are in need of an exceptional Controller to oversee accounting and reporting activities, as well as revenue-cycle operations. This role will have direct impact on our strategic business decisions and will help us scale efficiently and intelligently.
Hometeam’s ideal Controller candidate has integrity, precision, attention to detail, empathy, and a killer work ethic. Consider your sleeves permanently rolled up. We foster a culture of collaboration, hard work, and dedication to our mission; we’re looking for an accounting professional who is hungry for something fulfilling.
- Oversee all accounting and reporting activities, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end close, financial reporting, and internal and external audits
- Create and maintain financial and administrative policies and procedures to establish financial controls and to improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversee the revenue cycle team and billing operations, including developing processes systems to support rapid customer growth
- Perform analyses to support strategic and operational decision-making and work with team to develop and maintain budgeting processes
- Work across departments to improve systems for financial operations and data collection
- Manage the Company’s accounting technology solutions, including leading an accounting system implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting
- CPA required
- 7-10 years of experience, with a blend of public accounting and startup experience. Experience in healthcare industry is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other technical accounting matters
- Advanced Excel skills required, and experience with Quickbooks and ERP systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience implementing systems and technology to enable rapid growth; recent experience with ERP implementations preferred
- A genuine, compassionate desire to serve others and help those in need
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top