HomeSuite is on a mission to change the way people live. We want to make leasing a property as easy as booking a hotel. Finding housing today is a nightmare: unlike hotels and vacation rentals, the real estate industry is entirely offline. We want to bring rentals and apartments to people with a simple click. From search to signing the lease, and even on move out day, we are committed throughout the entire rental process.
Our revolutionary product is driving explosive growth and we are backed by top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners and Google Ventures). Our leadership team is obsessed with enabling HomeSuite to achieve its massive potential and building a strong, values-based culture that is visionary, performance-oriented, collaborative, and customer-centric. Through our hard work and passion, we believe we can create a new industry of on-demand housing.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have an immediate impact in building our rentals platform. You will work directly with the Product group, customers, and internal teams to develop clean interfaces and processes that are robust, scalable, and easy-to-use. We believe our next generation platform is essential for us to accelerate the successes of our business and to ensure the quality and stability necessary to expand the on-demand residential housing category. You will have full creative freedom to solve the challenges our platform team faces but still need to balance urgent actions and long-term excellence. You'll collaborate with engineering, product and other business stakeholders to scope and design products correctly.
About the Engineering Team
The engineering team at HomeSuite is much more than just a group of engineers. Our engineers take on the challenge of working directly with stakeholders across the entire company to build scalable and highly performant applications that solve real world user & business problems. While we believe in test-driven rapid iteration and addressing business realities, we are driven by our ultimate vision to build a massive, sustainable, long-term business.
HomeSuite is an unlimited growth opportunity. We are a team of driven, hard-working individuals. You will be pushed to the limit and find out what you are made of. You will be challenged beyond what you thought possible. There is no place where you can learn more.
Want to learn a little bit more about HomeSuite and what's like to work on our Engineering team? Hear directly from one of our engineers in our company profile on the Muse, linked here
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Passion for understanding customer needs and building elegant solutions that work-Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as data structure, algorithm, and design patterns.
- Strong (5+ years) experience with PHP, and experience with certain PHP frameworks a plus.
- A comparable knowledge with similar high-level language is also acceptable.
- Extensive experience in design and development of applications in a highly distributed environment.
- 3+ years of experience of SQL (Postgres/MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis/Mongo/ES) data storage systems.
- Unit-testing experience with TDD or BDD a plus. We strive for >90% coverage.
- Previous experience with containerization, continuous integration is a plus.
- Efficient, clever, and practical programmer with a record of producing dependable and extensible code.
- Quick learner and always eager to take the ownership.
- Must be comfortable working in a small team and working as a technical partner to product
We are passionate about our mission and our marketplace, and everything we do helps drive us to our goal of creating on-demand housing. We are conveniently located in San Francisco; a city with great nightlife, beautiful outdoors, and world-class culture right at your fingertips. Come join the team that is bringing the real estate industry online. We need your help to make leasing a property easy and efficient.
- Fully Subsidized healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Generous Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- $100 commuter benefits towards any form of transportation
- HomeSuite credits
- Snack filled kitchen