Vice President, Data Science & Analytics
HomeAway seeks a leader with a global mindset to be our Vice President of Data Science and Analytics. In this role, you will lead our large and growing organization through optimization of our marketplace and ongoing efforts to drive product and marketing decision-making using econometrics and data science. You will play a key role in driving programmatic initiatives throughout every aspect of the company.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Your opportunities for impact:
- Collaborate with executive leadership on HomeAway’s strategy.
- Work across the broader Expedia Group technology leadership to define and optimize our data science and business intelligence strategy.
- Build and lead a large, deeply talented team of data scientists, analysts, statisticians, developers and economists.
- Oversee ongoing development and deployment of a robust A/B testing framework based on sampling and hypothesis testing techniques.
- Generate huge return on investment by using Machine Learning techniques to increase marketplace and advertising efficiencies.
- Build novel technology features such as automated ad delivery systems and chatbots.
- Push data science to throughout our business, including but not limited to:
- Ranking and relevance.
- Automated content summarization and generation.
- Personalization and segmentation.
- Computer vision, including virtual and mixed reality.
- Financial forecasting.
- Media mix modeling, data driven attribution supporting TV, SEM, Display, Social.
- Pricing and yield management.
This role requires you to have extraordinary interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire and engage multi-functional teams in a complex and rapidly evolving environment. You lead by example, encouraging and inspiring your teams to build creative solutions at scale. You’ll be expected to foster a culture of trust, living and breathing our values of: Scientific Mindset, Openness, One Team, Participation and Mastery.
Who you are:
- A senior Data Science leader with a growth mindset and experience leading large global teams of 50-100 people.
- Ability to quickly develop, foster and influence relationships as well as navigate large complex organizations (across HomeAway and Expedia Group brands).
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills with ability to convey the data science strategy and vision to the executive team and our customers.
- Ability to strategically guide and influence teams to apply the right machine learning, statistical or econometric model to solve HomeAway’s most important business challenges.
- Thought leader with domain expertise in digital advertising, ranking systems and e-commerce marketplaces.
- Sharp business insight with knowledge of financial accounting, financial forecasting and profit/loss management.
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, , etc. OR Bachelor’s of Science with substantial direct e-commerce marketplace experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top