Vice President, Corporate Strategy
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Does leading a talented and growing team energize you?
HomeAway is looking for a driven and creative leader to serve as Vice President of Corporate Strategy. You will chart and navigate a clear course for industry leadership grounded in helping HomeAway grow a sophisticated two-sided marketplace.
As part of this growth, you will play an instrumental part in driving the ongoing and complex integration efforts between HomeAway and Expedia Group. HomeAway has historically used strategic investments to help it grow its marketplace. As such, your journey may also include work on opportunistic acquisitions and investments. You are a dynamic individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment that reflects our culture and values. You will be an integral part of HomeAway's executive leadership team and report directly to our President, John Kim.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
- Your primary role as VP of Strategy is to build our strategies to enter new markets
- The ideal candidate’s core skill set includes: strategic planning, corporate development and business development
- Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with HomeAway’s executive and senior management teams to develop HomeAway’s strategic priorities
- Serve as the strategic advisor to HomeAway’s President
- Lead collaboration between HomeAway and Expedia Group
- Lead, empower and mentor a growing strategy team
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enable corporate, regional and business unit leadership to make critical business and investment decisions
- Work effectively across all business and support functions at HomeAway (i.e., executive management, Partner Success, Marketing, Finance, Product and Technology, etc.) to handle activities and lead strategic projects
- Orchestrate projects and commitments directly involving the President and the executive leadership team
- Champion our cultural values and user design led thinking as the approach to creatively solve business, product and user problems
- This role is based in Austin, TX and requires up to 50% global travel
Who you are:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in consulting management, investment banking, strategic development/business development, or in-house corporate strategy
- Bachelor’s of Science preferred, MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience at a credible management consulting firm strongly preferred
- Experience working in a world-class e-commerce company strongly preferred
- Experience in travel and/or vacation rentals is a strong plus
- Experience leading in a cross-functional project setting with a proven ability to attract and develop top talent
- Strong influencer with exceptional communication and organizational leadership skills
- Relentless yet relationship oriented– ensuring that debates and discussions not only lead to good outcomes for all involved, but also set a positive tone for cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical horsepower and demonstrated ability to influence with data
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and bias towards action
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top