VAT Manager, Tax
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is seeking a VAT Manager, based in Austin, to helpdrive and support the Company’s worldwide VAT planning and complianceprocesses.
- Establish and/or adhere to processes to ensure the timely and accurate filing of indirect tax returns for the EMEA region across all HomeAway brands
- Review VAT accounts and VAT aging for issues and provide timely support to resolve accordingly
- Assist with drafting indirect tax policies and procedures as needed
- Support HomeAway in applying appropriate VAT & GST to complex customer-facing and supplier matters
- Coordinate and/or support responses to indirect tax audit requests as required
- Mentor junior VAT staff as required
- Monitor changes in VAT & GST legislation to ensure compliance
- Track and timely communicate to a broad internal group relevant changes in indirect tax laws and regulations
The ideal candidate will have experience in effectively managing indirect tax projects, identifying appropriate resources required and delivering within agreed deadlines. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, perform and review research, work effectively with outside advisors and with internal business units is also expected. Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to work independently, presentations and to problem solve effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax with a minimum of 7 years of VAT and/or GST specific experience in either a public accounting or law firm
- Industry experience in the technology/e-commerce sector is preferred
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives and effectively communicate VAT requirements to management
- Strong focus on improving controls and processes, including implementation of technology solutions
- Detailed knowledge of VAT rules in Europe including VAT invoice requirements, reverse-charge mechanism, and place-of-supply rules required
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and problem solver
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot tables and modeling
- Must be extremely well-organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
- Must be a team player and be able to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers, vendors, and other project participants throughout the world
- Must have the flexibility that a global company requires (e.g., be available for calls with people in other time zones, etc.)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top