UK Sales Coach
The Global Sales and Marketing Operations team is creating a new sales coaching position based in London focused on supporting our sales managers to constantly improve their teams’ knowledge and ability to sell HomeAway products and services. The UK sales coach will be responsible for working directly with sales management and sales to conduct coaching activity for the UK sales team with the goal to professionalize the sales force and improve sales effectiveness and productivity. The UK sales coach will build strong relationships with Sales Managers and provide on-going sales skills training delivery and 1:1 coaching support and consultation to the sales team. The position will also include supporting Quality Assurance activity related to evaluating adherence to a global sales process and customer message. The UK sales coach will report directly to the Global Sales and Marketing Operations EU Sales Training Delivery Coaching Manager and will need to work effectively in a matrix environment with a dotted line reporting relationship to the UK sales leadership.
• Partner with sales leadership to identify and establish innovative and ongoing coaching methods to develop the team with a primary focus on sales skills such as objection handling, initiating a sales call, closing, qualifying, discovery, establishing rapport, call planning, selling value, return on investment and communication skills etc.
• Conduct individual and/or group call monitoring/side by side coaching to evaluate call quality with respect to maximizing sales performance
• Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions
• Write call coaching reviews
• Conduct classroom-based sales skills sessions for new hires and existing team as needed
• Conduct mini course-correction coaching lessons as needed
• Develop sales skills messaging talk tracks for new products and roles
• Collaborate and share best practices with sales coaches in other regions
• Coach to activity (Number of calls, Contact Rate, Close rate, Call Quality)
• Work with sales managers to conduct regular group coaching sessions as needed (individual, small classroom, large group)
• Collaborate with global instructional designers to update sales training materials and incorporate role playing and sales skills exercises
• Support global Quality Assurance initiatives to evaluate adherence to a global sales process to ensure consistency with customer engagement, sales messaging, and process (call monitoring facilitation; reporting, time studies)
• 80% training and coaching delivery – 20% training development and global training support
Skills and Experience required for this position:
• As focus will be mainly with the BTB team: Min 2 -3 years’ experience in BTB sales (call center experience are both a plus) II. Min 2 -3 years’ experience in B2B sales skills coaching ; training delivery (BTC a plus)
• The ideal candidate would have gained experience in a sales position then moved to a sales training and coaching role
• The ideal candidate would have a passion and talent for selling and coaching sales agents to improve their selling skills
• The ideal candidate is comfortable selling value and return on investment
• Knowledge of and respect for instructional design and development principles
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing products, deadlines, and requirements.
• Coaching or relevant certification a plus
• Language: English required: multilingual desired
• Must be a self-starter, have a bias for action and be able to drive for sales results.