Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway Customer Experience is seeking a Training Specialist for our Global Education and Knowledge team. The primary responsibility for this position is designing and delivering training materials for North America customer support teams. This position will develop, maintain, and deliver internal product and soft skills training.
- Production and delivery of classroom training and eLearning materials
- Collaboration with internal subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop training plans and write learning objectives
- Utilize LMS to maintain, organize and distribute eLearning content
- Create learning assessments to evaluate training effectiveness
- Review and revise course content based on student feedback and product updates
- Assist in maintaining a global new hire training curriculum
Skills and experience required for this position:
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- 2+ years experience in a training role creating curriculum for classroom environments or combination of training and customer support experience
- Experience with instructional design methodology and adult learning principles
- Ability to develop relationships with subject matter experts and leadership
- Classroom management experience in an adult learning environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment
- Should have ability to travel internationally if needed (less than 5%)
- Knowledge of a call center environment and the needs of customer service representatives
- 2+ years experience producing eLearning materials in softwares such as Articulate360, Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.
- Experience managing and navigating a LMS such as Saba
- Expert MS Office skills
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top